In college, it can become so easy to get lazy and forgo your entire night routine. I’m definitely one of those people that is proud of myself when I even just quickly wipe my makeup off before jumping into bed. Sometimes I don’t even do that.
So, I made one of my New Year’s resolutions to finally lock in a night time routine! Moving to LA for college has not been the best for my skin. The dry air and lack of humidity has taken its toll, so I found it important to adjust my routine to address this. Below is the nightly routine I have been trying to follow for the past month:
1. Makeup Remover
- For the rare days I have a full face of makeup on, I always start with a makeup wipe.
2. Facial Cleanser
- I always use a gentle skin cleanser that is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. My skin can be pretty sensitive so I use the simplest cleanser possible.
3. Glycolic Night Serum
- I use this about twice a week to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells, and to even out my skin.
- I’m more of a dry-skinned gal, so I do all I can to combat that with as much moisturizing as humanly possible. I always use thicker creams to soak in while I sleep.
5. Royal Pain
- This spray is made with calming essential oils, like lavender, so I’ve been applying this on my temples to wind down before bed to ensure a peaceful sleep.
6. Lip Sleeping Mask
- I’ve recently become obsessed with lip sleeping masks. Just like I slather on moisturizer on my face before bed, I essentially do the same on my lips to lock in as much moisture while sleeping as possible.
P.S. This is just one possible night skin-care routine you could follow. Everyone’s bodies and needs are different, so take as much inspiration from my routine as you can, but make sure to also do your own research before finalizing your personal skin-care routine.